This is a upfront type game usually for 1 person.
At the beginning of your event have students submit: their name, their parents name, and a phone number for their parents. Then randomly draw one name. Before you play upfront, call that parent and let them know what is going on and when you will be calling back.
Now for the game, call up the student you choose and then ask them 3 questions about themselves like:
- What’s your favorite tv show?
- What color shirt are you wearing today?
- What was the last movie you saw in the theater?
- Who is your favorite singer or band?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What country would you want to travel most?
Once they have answered your 3 questions, then call their parent, put them on speaker phone and hold the speaker up to them mic so everyone can hear. Ask the parents the same 3 questions to quiz them on how well they know their child. if they get all questions correct the students wins.
Prizes: You can play for many different things, but we play for money. We do this game once or twice a month and the pot goes up by 5 dollars each time someone looses, our largest pot was $55.
Tips: When you call the parents say something like:
- “Hi is this insert parent name?” – wait for answer
- “This is insert your name from insert church or ministry and we have some students that want to say hi”
- Then encourage students all to yell HI
- At the end, have them yell BYE
- This helps engage the students not on stage