How To Play
Play in a fairly large room or outside. Clearly mark off three sections on the floor with tape, chalk, etc. One section is the poopdeck, one the mid deck, and the last the High deck. Begin with everyone standing in the poopdeck area. Call out the name of a deck (even the one that they are standing in), and the kids then run to the deck or section that you have called out. The last person into the section which you have called is out. If kids are in the poopdeck, for example, and you call out poopdeck, any kid who crosses the line, jumps the gun or in any other way (except being pushed) goes out of the poopdeck, is out. The game continues rapidly until one person is the winner.
Hints on directing this game:
- Give them a few trial runs to warm up and for new kids to get the hang of the game.
- Call the decks loudly and distinctly.
- To get them really frustrated, point to the opposite deck from which you call.
- Call multiple decks in a row.
Here are additional “decks” you can add to the original Poopdeck game to complicate things further:
- Hit the deck! — Players must drop to a prone position.
- Clear the deck! — Players must step completely outside the marked area and may not step back in, no matter what other command may be issued, until they hear “On deck!”
- On deck! — Players are free to step back inside the marked area.